Valentine’s Day with Moet & Chandon. With Valentine’s day around the corner, it is inevitable to think about how to surprse your other half. Cooking for the better half has always been a magic way of showing love and appreciation.
Moet & Chandon Risotto: a recipe worthy of a Michelin’s three-star restaurant at home! We have chosen a champagne we already recommended but we love: Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon Champagne Vintage Millesime 2012.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon Champagne Vintage Millesime 2012
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
How to prepare it!
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter and onions.
- Slowly pour in the Moet & Chandon Champagne, stirring constantly.
- Once the liquid has been absorbed, add the broth a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more.
- Continue to cook the risotto until it is creamy and the rice is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and additional butter if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Needless to say: enjoy the remained of the champagne for your dinner!